Out with the old, in with the new! Ushering in 2020, we want to contribute to our clients and candidates preparing for the challenging market climate up ahead. TalentStork has put together this Salary Guide 2020 to support you, our HR partners, as well as candidates, to better comprehend the compensation developments in the various segments in Tier 1 cities in China.
Our Salary Guide is a compilation of the salary ranges across various industries in China. It is crafted based on the analysis of permanent placements made across China in 2019, as well as our predictions for this year and input from our partners.
For this edition, we will be providing our guidance on four segments aligning with our own function and industry focus.
Sectors included are:
- Supply Chain and Procurement
- Corporate Services
- China’s economy remains highly cautious for 2020 at the moment given the current ongoing occurrences such as the nCoV and the US-China Trade War.
- Supply Chain & Procurement jobs will experience healthy growth given the continued demand for e-commerce, online shopping and China’s OBOR initiative.
- The technology sector has been experiencing several major changes, with technology startups flocking to second-tier cities instead of first-tier ones.
- E-Commerce growth remains strong with Alibaba spearheading growth, but we observe an increasing amount of millennials preferring to join smaller start-up companies in this industry.
- The HR and Finance sectors in China both lack candidates with sufficient experience in order to boost growth.
- Sales and Marketing jobs are increasingly becoming less static as they start relying on new mediums like live streaming to conduct marketing.
Click here to download our 2020 China Salary Guide and read more about our hindsight and foresight of the China Labour market.